Key competencies in generating sustainable growth in competitive and complex markets.
Colin is highly capable in creating profitable revenue and delivering strong sales outcomes, working with organisations to produce growth and accountability. These skills transfer across industry sectors, with experience in logistics, FMCG, agriculture, franchise development, mining, and the travel, tourism and hospitality disciplines.
By combining a pragmatic achievement based focus with a strong understanding of business economics, team development, and revenue awareness, success has followed.
The challenge has always been to influence change.
Bachelor of Economics,
Economics and Accounting
University of Adelaide
Master of Business Administration,
Marketing and Management
Charles Sturt University
- GM Commercial
- Regional General Manager, Australia and New Zealand
- GM Corporate
- Regional Marketing Manager, North Asia
- Country Manager (multiple roles)
- Financial Controller
- North Asia (China, Taiwan, Korea, Philippines, Hong Kong)
- Pacific Islands (New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, Vanuatu)
- Creating revenue in complex and highly competitive environments
- Developing markets
- Innovation for growth
- Accountability and discipline for sustainable profit
- Team building and mentoring
Outcomes and Achievements
Problem - Profitless Volume; $70m market growing at 35%p.a. making $12m annual losses.
* Strategic change – stopped chasing profitless volume, building a strategy around relatively small but profitable revenue base
* Relationships – preferred stakeholders become partners to reduce asset commitment
* Marketing – target business consumers and communicate benefits
Result - Brought to break-even ($100k profit) within 18 months
Revenue Growth of $23m
Problem - Market under-performing at $13m turnover and $400k profit.
* Value – identified inherent consumer demand
* Business – became a service provide not market competitor
* Marketing – broaden offering, widen distribution, correct pricing
Result - Revenue grows to $36m annually and $4m profit within 24 months
Problem - $42m market making $1.5m losses
* Value – ceased servicing markets that do not value products/services
* Business – redeploy unused assets to more attractive options
* Marketing – changes to pricing, distribution, consumer servicing and targeting, communication and promotional activity
Result - Revenue grows to $53m with $1.5m profit
Marketing for Profit (11% revenue growth / 42% profit growth)
Problem - $35m market making less than $2m profit
* Value – identify the core advantages of products/services
* Business – restructure organisation with customer service focus
* Marketing – more effective expenditure of advertising and promotions, redefine distribution, improve pricing, and develop key stakeholder partnerships
Result - Revenue grows to $39m with $3m profit